Tuesday 22 November 2011

pleasure!

This evening, I called for some snacks from the departmental store across the street. nothing much, my sister and I hogged on ice-cream, chocolate, coffee, and some noodles!
     The delivery was pretty late, so much so that, the plan of gulping the noodles tomorrow was stricken out and we emptied all of it today itself.
     The amusing part is, a little 10-12 years old boy came home with the bill. I owed him a round total of Rs. 100. He expected a single 100/- note, but to his surprise, I gave his some extra coins.
 That little boy, actually said, "sau rupai" (hundred rupees) 
to which I nodded and said"pata hai" (I know)
The boy happily mumbled "EXTRA??......... YESSS!!"
 The typical expression a child has on his face, when somebody pats their back!
 He then slipped the note into his pocket, and counted how much "extra" he had earned!
Its probably the first time I realised a few coins could make one that happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment